Philadelphia Parks & Recreation permits hundreds of events and festivals each year. Event permit applicants need a Large Event and Festival permit if their event includes any of the following:
- A gathering of 50 people or more in one location.
- Portable toilets.
- Amplified sound.
- Organizational signs.
- Sale, distribution, or cooking of food or goods.
- Filming or photos.
- Any City services.
- Tents, sound systems, or production elements like stages or stands.
This application is for event organizers of:
- Public and private events.
- Large athletic events.
When and where
NOTE: The Winter Street Building is closed to the public. Office visits will be taken by appointment only. Please use the contact information list in the “Questions” box, below.
Applications are available online (see below).
Return application by email:
Once the application is complete please mail it to:
Special Events Office
Winter Street Building
2130 Winter Street – rear entrance
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Note: this is the mailing address only.
The only acceptable form of payment for all application fees, site fees, security deposits, and staff costs are:
- Cashier’s check
- Money order made payable to Fairmount Park.
Credit card payments or cash cannot be accepted. All checks returned for insufficient funds will have additional charges.
To avoid a late application fee, submit your application at least 90 days before the event.
To get a permit, you must complete the application process.
- Parks & Rec Special Events Office staff will review your application and contact you for any additional information needed.
- Parks & Rec Special Events Office staff will authorize and issue your permit via mail or email.