Philadelphia Parks & Recreation permits hundreds of events and festivals each year. Event permit applicants need a Large Event and Festival permit if their event includes any of the following:
- A gathering of 50 people or more in one location.
- Portable toilets.
- Amplified sound.
- Organizational signs.
- Sale, distribution, or cooking of food or goods.
- Filming or photos.
- Any City services.
- Tents, sound systems, or production elements like stages or stands.
This application is for event organizers of:
- Public and private events.
- Large athletic events.
When and where
Applications are available online (see below).
Once the application is complete, you can mail it, or drop it off at our office.
Mail applications to:
PPR Special Events Office
4300 S. Concourse Dr.
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Drop off applications at the Special Events Office’s new location:
Winter Street Building
233 N. 22nd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
The office is open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Before your visit:
- Check the Special Events Office entry in the Parks & Rec Finder to make sure the office is open. The office closes for Federal, State, and City holidays, and other reasons.
- Make sure you have all your paperwork and payment information (see below).
The only acceptable form of payment for all application fees, site fees, security deposits, and staff costs are:
- Cashier’s check
- Money order made payable to Fairmount Park.
Credit card payments or cash cannot be accepted. All checks returned for insufficient funds will have additional charges.
To avoid a late application fee, submit your application at least 90 days before the event.
To get a permit, you must complete the application process.
- Parks & Rec Special Events Office staff will review your application and contact you for any additional information needed.
- Parks & Rec Special Events Office staff will authorize and issue your permit via mail or email.