You can apply for licenses online.
The Electronic Commercial Licensing, Inspection and Permitting Services Enterprise (eCLIPSE) allows users to:
- Apply for business licenses.
- Apply for trade licenses.
- Pay for licenses.
- Link licenses to an online user profile.
- Download, save, and print licenses.
Anyone can use eCLIPSE to apply for certain licenses and certificates.
Register for an account in eCLIPSE
You must use an active email address to register for an account in eCLIPSE before you can use the system to apply or renew.
You will receive an email asking you to confirm registration before using your account.
Associate your Commercial Activity License or Activity License Number with your account. If you don’t have one, apply for it first. This will allow you to:
- See all business license activity associated with the license.
- Link existing business licenses with your account.
- Apply for new business licenses.
To associate an existing activity license, you need the following information:
- Philadelphia Tax Account ID
- If you need help finding this number, call the Department of Revenue at (215) 686-6600 or email email@example.com.
- If you are exempt from Commercial Activity License requirements, the invoice will instead include an Online Identification Number (which can also be retrieved by contacting License Issuance).
- Commercial Activity License (previously known as a Business Privilege License) or Activity License Number.
- This must be entered in a six-digit format. If your license contains only five digits, enter a ‘0’ at the beginning.
- Social Security Number or Employer Identification Number associated with your Department of Revenue tax account.
To associate an existing trade license, you need the following information:
- License number
- Online Identification Number listed on your renewal invoice.
If you apply on eCLIPSE, you must make all payments with a credit card.
Once you have an account, you can use eCLIPSE to renew licenses online.
You must be current on all City taxes.