You need a Curb Setter License to do work on curbs and sidewalks in the right-of-way.
You don’t need this license to work on curbs and paving on private property.
Any contractor can apply for this license.
Other licenses and registrations
Your Curb Setter’s Bond:
- Must be submitted with your application.
- Must bear an original seal.
- Must be an annual performance bond in the amount of $1,000 with form.
You must be current on all City of Philadelphia taxes.
Where and when
Use the eCLIPSE system.
Permit and License Center
1401 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
MSB, Public Service Concourse
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Office hours: 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Office closes at noon on the last Wednesday of each month.
A non-refundable application fee of $20 is applied to the license fee. The balance of the license fee is due once your application is approved.
Payment methods and details
Accepted payment methods
|Online through the eCLIPSE application
(There is a $200,000 limit for online payments.)
|In person at the Permit and License Center in the Municipal Services Building||
|In person at the Cashier’s Station in the Municipal Services Building
(Items paid at the Cashier’s Station will be mailed within five business days.)
Checks and money orders
- Make all checks and money orders payable to the “City of Philadelphia.”
- The individual or company listed on the check must be listed on the application.
- Personal checks are accepted.
- Checks and money orders must have issue dates within 12 months of the transaction.
Reasons your check may be rejected
L&I will not accept checks that are missing depository information or are:
- Starter checks without account info.
Returned payment policy
If your check is returned unpaid for insufficient or uncollected funds:
- You authorize the City of Philadelphia or its agent to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account to collect a fee of $20.
- The City of Philadelphia or its agent may re-present your check electronically to your depository institution for payment.
You can apply for this license online using eCLIPSE or in person at the Permit and License Center.
Applications are reviewed within five business days.
If the application isn’t approved, you will receive an email stating is missing or required.
L&I can review most applications while you wait.