Friday, June 5: The Mayor has extended a mandatory citywide curfew. Effective at 8:00 p.m. through tomorrow at 6 a.m. Only people with essential duties will be permitted outdoors.
In effect: 8:00 p.m. on Friday, June 5 to 6:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 6
In effect: 1:00 p.m. on Monday, June 01 until further notice

Permits, violations & licenses

Apply for a portable toilet permit

The Department of Public Health issues permits for portable chemical toilets at public events.


If you’re making portable toilets available at your event, you must apply for a permit.


If a portable chemical toilet is going to be in a residential area, it must be serviced at least every 48 hours.


The cost is $50 per location. You can pay using a cashier’s check or money order made out to Department of Public Health – EHS.


Submit a completed application for a portable toilet permit along with the appropriate fee. It will take approximately 10–14 days for you to receive your permit. Keep it on site and available upon request.

Note: The Department of Public Health only issues permits for portable toilets; it does not provide the toilets themselves. You must rent the toilets from a portable toilet rental company.