What we do
The Department of Public Health works to make Philadelphia a healthy place to live, work, and play.
- Provides high-quality medical care at City health centers.
- Prevents the spread of illness and infectious disease.
- Protects against environmental hazards.
- Encourages healthy behaviors to prevent chronic disease.
- Plans and responds to health emergencies.
- Ensures the quality and accessibility of health services.
- Sets health policy.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports on a variety of public health data.
The Medical Examiner’s Office (MEO) determines the cause and manner of death for sudden, unexpected, and unnatural deaths in Philadelphia.
By providing a safety net to the City’s most vulnerable people, we work to keep everyone in Philadelphia healthy.
Oct23EventFamily Practice and Counseling Network - Community COVID-19 Testing Event8:30 am to 12:30 pmSt. Malachy Catholic School, 1012 W Thompson St., Philadelphia, PA 19122, USAEvent
Family Practice and Counseling Network - Community COVID-19 Testing EventOctober 23, 20208:30 am to 12:30 pm, 4 hoursSt. Malachy Catholic School, 1012 W Thompson St., Philadelphia, PA 19122, USAmap
- No testing restrictions
- No out-of-pocket costs
- Infants and children can be tested
Oct23EventVybe Urgent Care - Community COVID-19 Testing Event9:00 am to 4:00 pm412 W Lehigh Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19133, USA
Oct23EventPhiladelphia FIGHT - Community COVID-19 Testing Event10:00 am to 12:00 pmFace to Face, 123 E Price St., Philadelphia, PA 19144, USAEvent
Philadelphia FIGHT - Community COVID-19 Testing EventOctober 23, 202010:00 am to 12:00 pm, 2 hoursFace to Face, 123 E Price St., Philadelphia, PA 19144, USAmap
- Barrier-free testing with no out-of-pocket costs
- Walk-up testing site