What we do
The Department of Public Health works to make Philadelphia a healthy place to live, work, and play.
- Provides high-quality medical care at City health centers.
- Prevents the spread of illness and infectious disease.
- Protects against environmental hazards.
- Encourages healthy behaviors to prevent chronic disease.
- Plans and responds to health emergencies.
- Ensures the quality and accessibility of health services.
- Sets health policy.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports on a variety of public health data.
The Medical Examiner’s Office (MEO) determines the cause and manner of death for sudden, unexpected, and unnatural deaths in Philadelphia.
By providing a safety net to the City’s most vulnerable people, we work to keep everyone in Philadelphia healthy.
Oct29EventBlack Doctors COVID-19 Consortium - Community COVID-19 Testing Event + Free Flu Shots3:00 pm to 7:00 pmEnon Tabernacle Baptist Church (east), 2800 W Cheltenham Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19150, USAEvent
Black Doctors COVID-19 Consortium - Community COVID-19 Testing Event + Free Flu ShotsOctober 29, 20203:00 pm to 7:00 pm, 4 hoursEnon Tabernacle Baptist Church (east), 2800 W Cheltenham Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19150, USAmap
- Barrier-free testing with no out-of-pocket costs
- Walk-up testing site
- Free flu shots offered along with COVID-19 testing
Oct29EventFlu Vaccine Clinic4:00 pm to 7:00 pmEnon Tabernacle Baptist Church, 2800 W. Cheltenham Ave, Philadelphia, PA, 19150Event
Flu Vaccine ClinicOctober 29, 20204:00 pm to 7:00 pm, 3 hoursEnon Tabernacle Baptist Church, 2800 W. Cheltenham Ave, Philadelphia, PA, 19150mapThe Black Doctors COVID-19 Consortium will provide free COVID-19 testing and flu shots for all.
Oct30EventVybe Urgent Care - Community COVID-19 Testing Event12:00 pm to 6:00 pmSEAMAAC, Mifflin Square Park - Ritner Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148, USAEvent
Vybe Urgent Care - Community COVID-19 Testing EventOctober 30, 202012:00 pm to 6:00 pm, 6 hoursSEAMAAC, Mifflin Square Park - Ritner Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148, USAmap
- Appointments preferred but not required. Click here to register (video clinician visit required)
- No out-of-pocket costs
- Walk-up testing