What we do
The Department of Public Health works to make Philadelphia a healthy place to live, work, and play.
- Provides high-quality medical care at City health centers.
- Prevents the spread of illness and infectious disease.
- Protects against environmental hazards.
- Encourages healthy behaviors to prevent chronic disease.
- Plans and responds to health emergencies.
- Ensures the quality and accessibility of health services.
- Sets health policy.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports on a variety of public health data.
The Medical Examiner’s Office (MEO) determines the cause and manner of death for sudden, unexpected, and unnatural deaths in Philadelphia.
By providing a safety net to the City’s most vulnerable people, we work to keep everyone in Philadelphia healthy.
Jan16EventCDC/HHS COVID Testing Site7:00 am to 5:00 pmCIBOTTI RECREATION CENTER, 2500 S 77th St, Philadelphia, PA 19153, USA
Jan18EventCDC/HHS COVID Testing Site7:00 am to 5:00 pmCIBOTTI RECREATION CENTER, 2500 S 77th St, Philadelphia, PA 19153, USA
Jan18EventBerks Street Annex8:00 am to 3:00 pm2001 W Berks St, Philadelphia, PA 19121, USAEvent
Berks Street AnnexJanuary 18, 20228:00 am to 3:00 pm, 7 hours2001 W Berks St, Philadelphia, PA 19121, USAmap
Open to all Philadelphia residents age 5 and older.
To schedule an appointment, call (215) 685-2933.