What we do
The Department of Public Health works to make Philadelphia a healthy place to live, work, and play.
- Provides high-quality medical care at City health centers.
- Prevents the spread of illness and infectious disease.
- Protects against environmental hazards.
- Encourages healthy behaviors to prevent chronic disease.
- Plans and responds to health emergencies.
- Ensures the quality and accessibility of health services.
- Sets health policy.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports on a variety of public health data.
The Medical Examiner’s Office (MEO) determines the cause and manner of death for sudden, unexpected, and unnatural deaths in Philadelphia.
By providing a safety net to the City’s most vulnerable people, we work to keep everyone in Philadelphia healthy.
Sep23EventHappy Hollow10:00 am to 2:00 pm4800 Wayne Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19144, USAEvent
Happy HollowSeptember 23, 202110:00 am to 2:00 pm, 4 hours4800 Wayne Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19144, USAmap
Sep23Event12th & Cambria Rec10:00 am to 4:00 pm2901 N 12th St, Philadelphia, PA 19133, USAEvent
12th & Cambria RecSeptember 23, 202110:00 am to 4:00 pm, 6 hours2901 N 12th St, Philadelphia, PA 19133, USAmap
Sep23EventPDPH Mobile Testing Unit - Community COVID-19 Testing Event10:00 am to 2:00 pmConcilio, 141 E Hunting Park Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19124, USAEvent
PDPH Mobile Testing Unit - Community COVID-19 Testing EventSeptember 23, 202110:00 am to 2:00 pm, 4 hoursConcilio, 141 E Hunting Park Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19124, USAmap
- No out-of-pocket costs
- No appointments required
- Walk-up testing with on-site registration
- Rapid testing available
Sep23EventMLK Older Adult Center10:00 am to 3:30 pm2100 Cecil B. Moore Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19121, USAEvent
MLK Older Adult CenterSeptember 23, 202110:00 am to 3:30 pm, 6 hours2100 Cecil B. Moore Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19121, USAmap