What we do
The Department of Public Health works to make Philadelphia a healthy place to live, work, and play.
- Provides high-quality medical care at City health centers.
- Prevents the spread of illness and infectious disease.
- Protects against environmental hazards.
- Encourages healthy behaviors to prevent chronic disease.
- Plans and responds to health emergencies.
- Ensures the quality and accessibility of health services.
- Sets health policy.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports on a variety of public health data.
The Medical Examiner’s Office (MEO) determines the cause and manner of death for sudden, unexpected, and unnatural deaths in Philadelphia.
By providing a safety net to the City’s most vulnerable people, we work to keep everyone in Philadelphia healthy.
Oct18EventPhiladelphia FIGHT - Community COVID-19 Testing Event9:30 am to 11:30 amFace to Face, 123 E Price St, Philadelphia, PA 19144, USAEvent
Philadelphia FIGHT - Community COVID-19 Testing EventOctober 18, 20219:30 am to 11:30 am, 2 hoursFace to Face, 123 E Price St, Philadelphia, PA 19144, USAmap
- No out-of-pocket costs
- No appointments required
- Walk-up testing
- Pediatric testing offered
Oct18EventMcllvain10:00 am to 2:00 pm5200 Penn St, Philadelphia, PA 19124, USAEvent
McllvainOctober 18, 202110:00 am to 2:00 pm, 4 hours5200 Penn St, Philadelphia, PA 19124, USAmap
Oct18EventWidener Library11:00 am to 4:00 pm2808 W Lehigh Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132Event
Widener LibraryOctober 18, 202111:00 am to 4:00 pm, 5 hours2808 W Lehigh Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132map