What we do
The Department of Public Health works to make Philadelphia a healthy place to live, work, and play.
- Provides high-quality medical care at community health centers.
- Prevents the spread of illness and infectious disease.
- Protects against environmental hazards.
- Encourages healthy behaviors to prevent chronic disease.
- Plans and responds to health emergencies.
- Ensures the quality and accessibility of health services.
- Sets health policy.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports on a variety of public health data.
By providing a safety net to the City’s most vulnerable people, we work to keep everyone in Philadelphia healthy.
1101 Market St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Phone: (215) 686-5200
Nov20EventCommunity Flu Clinic: Parkview Health Center9:00 am to 3:00 pm841 E Hunting Park Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19124, USAEvent
Community Flu Clinic: Parkview Health CenterNovember 20, 20189:00 am to 3:00 pm, 6 hours841 E Hunting Park Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19124, USAmap
Nov21EventDBHIDS Naloxone Overdose Prevention & Rescue Training10:00 am to 12:00 pm801 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, 7th Floor Large Conference RoomEvent
DBHIDS Naloxone Overdose Prevention & Rescue TrainingNovember 21, 201810:00 am to 12:00 pm, 2 hours801 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, 7th Floor Large Conference Roommap
In an effort to increase awareness and enhance overall knowledge of the opioid epidemic’s impact on our region, the Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disAbility Services (DBHIDS), is offering monthly lifesaving Naloxone (Narcan) Overdose Prevention & Rescue Training.
Join us for an informative session and learn to become a trained ambassador of overdose prevention methods. The combined DBHIDS 2016 and 2017 Naloxone (Narcan) Overdose Prevention & Rescue training series, has trained approximately 1000 individuals; and distributed upwards of 250 Narcan kits.
Naloxone (Narcan) Overdose Prevention & Rescue Training participants will learn:
- How to recognize harm-reduction approaches to high-risk behaviors, including substance misuse
- The immediate protocols for effectively administering Naloxone (Narcan), the life-saving medication developed to help prevent fatal opioid overdoses
- The importance of the Good Samaritan Act 139 and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Standing Order for Naloxone (Narcan)
For more information, visit the Mayor's Task Force to Combat the Opioid Epidemic in Philadelphia.
Nov25EventCommunity Flu Clinic: SHAMS Clinic2:00 pm to 5:00 pm7439 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19136, USAEvent
Community Flu Clinic: SHAMS ClinicNovember 25, 20182:00 pm to 5:00 pm, 3 hours7439 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19136, USAmap