In order to protect the safety of our patients and staff, Health Center 1 will provide modified services during the COVID-19 coronavirus crisis.
BEFORE visiting the health center, call 215-685-6575 or 215-685-6571. If you are experiencing symptoms of a sexually transmitted infection, a medical professional will be available to discuss an evaluation plan and/or determine next steps.
The Department of Public Health's STD Control Program works to control the spread of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in Philadelphia, including gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis and HIV. The program:
- Provides walk in testing and treatment for STDs at Health Center 1 and Health Center 5.
- Controls the spread of STDs by offering confidential services, including referral, testing, and treatment to the sex partners of people with an STD.
- Provides education, urine-based screening, and treatment for gonorrhea and chlamydia in all Philadelphia public high schools.
- Provides advice and consultation to doctors, nurses, and other community partners about the diagnosis and treatment of STDs.
- Provides free male and female condoms.