Civil service jobs
The Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH) is looking for talented, innovative people who want to make a difference. To view a complete list of current job openings, please visit the Department of Human Resources.
PDPH is not currently hiring for the civil service positions listed below. However, if you’re interested in one of these positions, send your resume to email@example.com. Make sure to put the position’s title in the subject line. We’ll keep your resume on file and contact you when opportunities become available.
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Community Health Registered Nurse
- Dentist 1
- Disease Surveillance Investigator (HIV Diseases)
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Forensic Investigator 1
- Forensic Technician 1
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Technologist 1
- Medical Technologist 2
- Public Administration Analyst
- Public Health Dental Hygiene Practitioner
- Public Health Program Analyst (AIDS)
Internships and fellowships
2020 Philly Forward Summer Internship
This eight-week paid internship provides pre-professional training to those interested in pursuing careers in public health. The internship will begin on June 15 and conclude on August 7, 2020.
Each Philly Forward intern will work directly with PDPH leaders on a specific project or projects involving: data collection, data analysis, program implementation, grant-writing, preparation of reports, and/or community engagement.
You are eligible to apply if you are enrolled at a college or university at the time of the internship and are working towards a baccalaureate degree.
To apply, you must submit:
- A cover letter describing why you are interested in the internship;
- A resume that summarizes your educational experience, your work experience, and your skills;
- A short writing sample (1-3 pages in length; for example, a paper that you wrote for a class assignment or an article that you wrote for a school publication);
- A recent undergraduate transcript (unofficial is fine); and
- The names and contact information for two persons who can serve as references, one of whom is a faculty member.
The deadline for the application is Friday, January 31, 2020. Applications should be sent to PDPHPFI@phila.gov.
The Medical Examiner’s Office offers a number of internships to students. Opportunities are available through the following units:
- Bereavement Support Services
- Fatality Review Program
The Department of Public Health offers two-year paid fellowships in Urban Health Policy. Learn how to apply for the Urban Health Policy Fellowship.