Civil service jobs
The Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH) is looking for talented, innovative people who want to make a difference. To view a complete list of current job openings, please visit the Department of Human Resources.
PDPH is not currently hiring for the civil service positions listed below. However, if you’re interested in one of these positions, send your resume to email@example.com. Make sure to put the position’s title in the subject line. We’ll keep your resume on file and contact you when opportunities become available.
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Community Health Registered Nurse
- Dentist 1
- Disease Surveillance Investigator (HIV Diseases)
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Forensic Investigator 1
- Forensic Technician 1
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Technologist 1
- Medical Technologist 2
- Public Administration Analyst
- Public Health Dental Hygiene Practitioner
- Public Health Program Analyst (AIDS)
Fellowships and internships
- The Philly Forward Summer Internship is an eight-week paid internship designed to provide pre-professional training to those interested in pursuing careers in public health. Each Philly Forward intern will work directly with Health Department leaders on a specific project or projects involving data collection, data analysis, program implementation, grant-writing, preparation of reports, and/or community engagement. The internship will begin on June 12 and conclude on August 4, 2023. Find out more about how to apply.
- The Urban Health Policy Fellowship is a two-year paid fellowship in urban health policy is designed specifically for those with baccalaureate degrees in public health. During the program, Urban Health Policy Fellows will work directly with senior leaders of one of the nation’s most innovative health departments on high priority projects, while receiving on-the-job training in public health policy development. The fellowship will begin in July 2023 and continue through June 2025. Find out more about how to apply.
- Environmental Health Services offers paid summer positions to college students to conduct mosquito surveillance. Students must have at least 30 credit hours and be a science or health science major. To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Food Protection offers paid summer positions to college students to conduct inspections of summer feeding sites. Students must have at least 30 credit hours and be a science or health science major. To apply, email email@example.com.
- The Public Health Lab offers summer internships to college juniors and seniors. To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Medical Examiner’s Office offers internships to college students in the following units:
- Bereavement Support Services
- Fatality Review Program
Find out more about requirements for internships with the Medical Examiner’s Office.
Equal opportunity employer
The City of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status. If you believe you were discriminated against, call the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations at 215-686-4670 or send an email to email@example.com. For more information, go to: www.phila.gov/humanrelations.