Civil service jobs
The Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH) is looking for talented, innovative people who want to make a difference. To view a complete list of current job openings, please visit the Department of Human Resources.
PDPH is not currently hiring for the civil service positions listed below. However, if you’re interested in one of these positions, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to put the position’s title in the subject line. We’ll keep your resume on file and contact you when opportunities become available.
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Community Health Registered Nurse
- Dentist 1
- Disease Surveillance Investigator (HIV Diseases)
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Forensic Investigator 1
- Forensic Technician 1
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Technologist 1
- Medical Technologist 2
- Public Administration Analyst
- Public Health Dental Hygiene Practitioner
- Public Health Program Analyst (AIDS)
Internships and fellowships
The Medical Examiner’s Office offers a number of internships to students. Opportunities are available through the following units:
- Bereavement Support Services
- Fatality Review Program
The Department of Public Health offers two-year paid fellowships in Urban Health Policy. Learn how to apply for the Urban Health Policy Fellowship.