What we do
The Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations (PCHR) is the City’s official civil rights agency. We enforce an important set of laws that prevent discrimination and promote equality.
PCHR works to:
- Enforce anti-discrimination laws, especially the City’s Fair Practices Ordinance.
- Administer the Fair Chance Hiring law, which prevents discrimination against people with criminal records.
- Investigate complaints of discrimination and violations of civil rights laws.
- Resolve community conflicts through dialogue and other dispute resolution methods.
- Educate the public on their legal rights and responsibilities.
PCHR is led by a nine-member commission, appointed by the mayor. This commission decides disputed complaints and conducts hearings to educate and inform the public.
PCHR works to make sure that everyone in Philadelphia has equal rights and opportunities.
Dec17EventPCHR Public Session for December 20219:30 am to 10:30 amEvent
PCHR Public Session for December 2021December 17, 20219:30 am to 10:30 am, 1 hourTime: Dec 17, 2021 09:30 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada) Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82021296323?pwd=bm1rdU1ERDdmSWVIR2RzdG91VjR3UT09 Meeting ID: 820 2129 6323 Passcode: 674151 Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/krrIEwT9f