What we do
The Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations (PCHR) is the City’s official civil rights agency. We enforce an important set of laws that prevent discrimination and promote equality.
PCHR works to:
- Enforce anti-discrimination laws, especially the City’s Fair Practices Ordinance.
- Administer the Fair Chance Hiring law, which prevents discrimination against people with criminal records.
- Investigate complaints of discrimination and violations of civil rights laws.
- Resolve community conflicts through dialogue and other dispute resolution methods.
- Educate the public on their legal rights and responsibilities.
PCHR is led by a nine-member commission, appointed by the mayor. This commission decides disputed complaints and conducts hearings to educate and inform the public.
PCHR works to make sure that everyone in Philadelphia has equal rights and opportunities.
Jun10EventHUMAN RELATIONS COMMISSION EXECUTIVE SESSION9:30 am to 10:30 amEvent
HUMAN RELATIONS COMMISSION EXECUTIVE SESSIONJune 10, 20229:30 am to 10:30 am, 1 hour
Jun17EventPUBLIC SESSION FOR JUNE 20229:30 am to 10:30 amEvent
PUBLIC SESSION FOR JUNE 2022June 17, 20229:30 am to 10:30 am, 1 hourJoin Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89708934162?pwd=WEo1ZEdpdW9odnA3NnNiK3FSdEVLQT09 Meeting ID: 897 0893 4162 Passcode: 470118
Jul8EventHUMAN RELATIONS COMMISSION EXECUTIVE SESSION9:30 am to 10:30 amEvent
HUMAN RELATIONS COMMISSION EXECUTIVE SESSIONJuly 8, 20229:30 am to 10:30 am, 1 hour