What we do
The Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations (PCHR) is the City’s official civil rights agency. We enforce an important set of laws that prevent discrimination and promote equality.
PCHR works to:
- Enforce anti-discrimination laws, especially the City’s Fair Practices Ordinance.
- Administer the “Ban the Box” law that prevents discrimination against people with criminal records.
- Investigate complaints of discrimination and violations of civil rights laws.
- Resolve community conflicts through dialogue and other dispute resolution methods.
- Educate the public on their legal rights and responsibilities.
PCHR is led by a nine-member commission, appointed by the mayor. This commission decides disputed complaints and conducts hearings to educate and inform the public.
PCHR works to make sure that everyone in Philadelphia has equal rights and opportunities.
Nothing from January 24, 2021 to April 24, 2021.
|Name||Job title||Phone #||Social|
|Matthew Cowell||Supervisorfirstname.lastname@example.org||(215) 686-4663|
|Randy Duque||Acting Executive Directoremail@example.com||(215) 686-4676|
|Joseph Farley||Supervisorfirstname.lastname@example.org||(215) 686-4688|
|Karen Forman||Principal Assistantemail@example.com||(215) 686-4891|
|Monica Gonzalez||Executive Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org||(215) 686-4674|
|Pamela Gwaltney||Deputy Directoremail@example.com||(215) 686-4698|
|Shawna Holts||Supervisorfirstname.lastname@example.org||(215) 686-4675|
|Veata Smith||Administrative Assistantemail@example.com||(215) 686-4699|