What we do
The Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations (PCHR) is the City’s official civil rights agency. We enforce an important set of laws that prevent discrimination and promote equality.
PCHR works to:
- Enforce anti-discrimination laws, especially the City’s Fair Practices Ordinance.
- Administer the Fair Chance Hiring law, which prevents discrimination against people with criminal records.
- Investigate complaints of discrimination and violations of civil rights laws.
- Resolve community conflicts through dialogue and other dispute resolution methods.
- Educate the public on their legal rights and responsibilities.
PCHR is led by a nine-member commission, appointed by the mayor. This commission decides disputed complaints and conducts hearings to educate and inform the public.
PCHR works to make sure that everyone in Philadelphia has equal rights and opportunities.
Feb18EventPCHR PUBLIC SESSION FOR FEBRUARY 20229:30 am to 10:30 amEvent
PCHR PUBLIC SESSION FOR FEBRUARY 2022February 18, 20229:30 am to 10:30 am, 1 hourTopic: PCHR Public Session for February 2022 Time: Feb 18, 2022 09:30 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada) Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83778331305?pwd=ZjNFdVhIblVNRkp6TXI5V0RTRjIzZz09 Meeting ID: 837 7833 1305 Passcode: 423629
Mar18EventPCHR PUBLIC SESSION FOR MARCH 20229:30 am to 10:30 amEvent
PCHR PUBLIC SESSION FOR MARCH 2022March 18, 20229:30 am to 10:30 am, 1 hourTopic: PCHR Public Session for March 2022 Time: Mar 18, 2022 09:30 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada) Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83004002702?pwd=RmZ1VDdNUDAxdFpUTnY5WkhBRGN6UT09 Meeting ID: 830 0400 2702 Passcode: 437290