What we do
The Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations (PCHR) is the City’s official civil rights agency. We enforce an important set of laws that prevent discrimination and promote equality.
PCHR works to:
- Enforce anti-discrimination laws, especially the City’s Fair Practices Ordinance.
- Administer the Fair Chance Hiring law, which prevents discrimination against people with criminal records.
- Investigate complaints of discrimination and violations of civil rights laws.
- Resolve community conflicts through dialogue and other dispute resolution methods.
- Educate the public on their legal rights and responsibilities.
PCHR is led by a nine-member commission, appointed by the mayor. This commission decides disputed complaints and conducts hearings to educate and inform the public.
PCHR works to make sure that everyone in Philadelphia has equal rights and opportunities.
Dec16EventPCHR PUBLIC SESSION DECEMBER 20229:30 am to 10:00 amEvent
PCHR PUBLIC SESSION DECEMBER 2022December 16, 20229:30 am to 10:00 am, 30 minsTopic: PCHR Public Session December 2022 Time: Dec 16, 2022, 09:30 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada) Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85874123076?pwd=dTUwT0RGbk1XbnBtUEdKWDBiaHBZdz09 Meeting ID: 858 7412 3076 Passcode: 170417