The Department of Public Health offers two-year paid fellowships in Urban Health Policy. As a Fellow, you will:
- Participate in projects that help the department:
- address critical health issues;
- engage with stakeholders;
- develop policy solutions;
- recruit community and partner support; and/or
- implement policies.
- Receive on-the-job training in public health policy development.
- Gain experience by working with different divisions in the department.
- Attend senior management meetings and take part in sessions with public health experts.
Two positions are available each year. Finalists will be interviewed by staff from the Department of Public Health.
You are eligible to apply if you have graduated in the last two years (or before July 1, 2022) from a college or university in the United States with a baccalaureate degree and a major in public health, global health, or community health.
Note: This opportunity is not open to those with advanced degrees in public health. Additionally, we highly encourage candidates from Philadelphia to apply as it is our intention to prioritize local applicants.
Applicants for the 2021 Urban Health Policy Fellowship must submit:
- A cover letter describing why you are interested in the fellowship.
- A resume summarizing your educational experience, work experience, and skills with data analysis.
- A 3–5 page writing sample.
- An undergraduate transcript.
- Two references, one of whom is a faculty member and one of whom served as a supervisor for a work or internship experience.
The deadline for the application is Friday, April 1, 2022. Applications should be sent to UPHFellow@phila.gov.