COVID-19 vaccine

The vaccine is now available for everyone 5 and older! Get your children vaccinated today. Find a City-run vaccine clinic or partner vaccine clinic to protect yourself and your loved ones. If you have questions about vaccination, call (215) 685-5488.

Mental & physical health

Report illegal idling

Idling is the running of a vehicle’s engine when the vehicle is not in motion or being used. Idling is bad for the environment, your health, and your wallet.


Air Management Services responds to the public’s concerns about illegal idling of heavy duty diesel vehicles (trucks and buses over 8500 lbs.) in Philadelphia by enforcing Air Management Regulation IX. You can help to protect and improve the city’s air quality by reporting idling of diesel trucks or buses.

For gasoline-powered and other vehicles, the Philadelphia Parking Authority and the Philadelphia Police Department enforce the limits of the Philadelphia Traffic Code 12-1127 and can respond to complaints of idling.

Learn more about the dangers of carbon monoxide in outdoor air.


You can report illegal idling of heavy duty diesel vehicles (trucks & buses over 8500 lbs.) by calling the Air Management Services complaint line at (215) 685-7580 on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. On weekends, evenings, and holidays, call (215) 686-4516 and ask to speak with an AMS inspector.

You can also email Air Management Services at

Complaints are investigated the same day they are received.

For vehicles other than heavy duty diesel trucks or buses, please contact the Philadelphia Parking Authority at (888) 591-3636 or the Philadelphia Police Department at 911.


You can also visit IdleFreePhilly to report any vehicle you see idling illegally, especially City vehicles or commercial vehicles. IdleFreePhilly is a Clean Air Council app that monitors and reports illegal idling in Philadelphia.