Smoking and other tobacco use is an addiction that is hard to break. Quitting with the help of medications and coaching can more than double your chances of becoming tobacco-free. Use the free Pennsylvania Quitline, (800) QUIT-NOW (784-8669), to get help quitting today. Web-based and text-messaging support is also available.
The Quitline is for anyone who wants to quit tobacco or wants to support someone else who is quitting. You must be at least 14 years old to get counseling from the hotline. To get medications, you must be 18 or older.
You can call the Quitline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call the Quitline at (800) QUIT-NOW (784-8669) to speak with a quit coach.
A quit coach will help you to:
- Set a quit date.
- Build your social support.
- Develop coping methods for different triggers.
- Make your environment tobacco-free.
- Figure out what medication might help you and set you up with a free supply.
When you call, your quit coach can also talk with you about setting up a text messaging service to keep you on track.
For more information, visit pa.quitlogix.org.
Multi-language quit coaches are available.
- For Spanish, call (855) DÉJELO-YA (335-3569).
- For Mandarin and Cantonese, call (800) 838-8917.
- For Korean, call (800) 556-5564.
- For Vietnamese, call (800) 778-8440.