You can get tested for COVID-19 or pick up a home test at locations throughout Philadelphia.
You can also apply for free test kits for your community-based organization or special event.
COVID-19 test sites
When you go to a COVID-19 testing site, you’ll be asked for identification. You may also be asked for health insurance information. If you don’t have identification or health insurance, you can still get a test.
Some sites may also:
- Limit testing to people who meet certain criteria.
- Require an appointment.
- Require a referral from your doctor.
You won’t have to pay out-of-pocket to get a test. However, some sites may bill your insurance for a visit fee.
Search the map of permanent testing sites. You can:
- Search for a testing site by address.
- Click on a location for specific site information.
- Filter the list of sites.
Some testing sites may close on certain days due to weather conditions or holidays. Always call ahead before you go to a site.
Visit our testing calendar for a list of community testing events.
At-home test kits for individuals
You can pick up free rapid antigen home test kits at five Health Department resource hubs.
- Mi Salud Wellness Center, 200 E. Wyoming Ave., 19120
- Bethany Baptist Church, 5747 Warrington Ave., 19143
- The Shoppes at La Salle, 5301 Chew Ave., 19138
- Mt. Enon Baptist Church, 500 Snyder Ave., 19148
- Whitman Plaza, 330 W. Oregon Ave., 19148
You don’t need to make an appointment, but daily schedules vary. Visit our testing calendar for details.
Rapid test kits for community-based organizations
Community-based organizations (CBOs) serving clients and patrons in areas of high COVID-19 risk can apply for free rapid test kits.
Read the information sheet for the community-based organization program to learn more about eligibility and requirements.
Rapid test kits for special events
The Department of Public Health strongly recommends that everyone take a COVID-19 test before and after attending large gatherings and events.
Event organizers and venues can apply for a limited supply of free rapid test kits to distribute to their event attendees.
Read the information sheet for the special event program to learn more about eligibility and requirements.