You can get tested for COVID-19 and pick up free at-home test kits at locations throughout Philadelphia.
You can also request free at-home test kits for your community-based organization or special event.
Testing events and testing sites
Testing events at our Mobile Testing Unit (MTU)
MTU conducts community testing events in different neighborhoods each week.
- PCR testing: results available from 1 to 3 days.
- Rapid testing: results available in 15 minutes.
- Free of charge. No insurance or ID required.
- Walk-ups welcome.
- Must collect your own nasal swab.
Visit our testing calendar for a list of community testing events. You don’t need to make an appointment, but daily schedules vary.
When you go to a COVID-19 testing site, you’ll be asked for identification. You may also be asked for health insurance information. If you don’t have identification or health insurance, you can still get a test.
Some sites may also:
- Limit testing to people who meet certain criteria.
- Require an appointment.
- Require a referral from your doctor.
You won’t have to pay out-of-pocket to get a test. However, some sites may bill your insurance for a visit fee.
Search the map of permanent testing sites. You can:
- Search for a testing site by address.
- Click on a location for specific site information.
- Filter the list of sites.
Some testing sites may close on certain days due to weather conditions or holidays. Always call ahead before you go to a site.
At-home test kits for individuals
You can pick up free at-home test kits at five Health Department resource hubs.
- Mi Salud Wellness Center, 200 E. Wyoming Ave., 19120
- Bethany Baptist Church, 5747 Warrington Ave., 19143
- The Shoppes at La Salle, 5301 Chew Ave., 19138
- Mt. Enon Baptist Church, 500 Snyder Ave., 19148
- Whitman Plaza, 330 W. Oregon Ave., 19148
The resource hubs are open Monday through Friday. You don’t need to make an appointment, but daily schedules vary. Visit our testing calendar for hours of operation and other details.
Test kit distribution program
Community-based organizations, event organizers, and venues can apply for free at-home test kits and face masks to distribute to their communities and event attendees.
If you wish to apply, please read the program information sheets first.