COVID-19 vaccine

The vaccine is now available for certain groups. Learn more about the City’s plans for distributing vaccines and reserve your place in line. Sign up today!

Mental & physical health

Report rats

The Department of Public Health responds to complaints about rats in residences, businesses, and outdoors.


Report rats if you see them:

  • On or near your residence.
  • In the street.
  • In a public park.
  • In an alley or on the sidewalk.

Report rats by calling (215) 685-9000.

Inspectors from the Department of Public Health will inspect the site, provide preventive treatment, and make recommendations to keep residences free of rodents. Inspectors will also provide information about mice, roaches, ticks, fleas, and other household pests.

If you see a rat in a food establishment, call the Office of Food Protection at (215) 685-7495.