City health centers are operated by the Department of Public Health. They accept Medicare, Medicaid, HMO plans, and most other insurance options. If you are uninsured, the centers will charge a small fee based on family size and income. Health centers can also help you apply for affordable health insurance.
Primary care services
Health Centers 2-10, and Strawberry Mansion Health Center provide a full range of primary medical and support services to registered patients. Walk-ins are accepted, but appointments are encouraged.
Registered patients can use our secure HealthCenterConnect Patient Portal to get online information about their care, appointments, and health education.
Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Health Center 1 is the City’s dedicated walk-in clinic for STD testing and treatment. It does not provide the primary care services provided at the City’s other eight health centers. No appointments are necessary at Health Center 1. Patients are seen on a first come first served basis.
Health Center 5 also has a walk-in clinic for STD testing and treatment. No appointments are necessary and patients are seen on a first come first served basis.
Find out more about our walk-in clinics for STD testing and treatment.
Use the map below to find a health center near you.
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic and acute illnesses
- Medical checkups and medications for enrolled patients
- Prenatal care
- Family planning and pregnancy options counseling
- Breastfeeding support services
- Comprehensive pediatric care for infants, children and teens
- Immunizations for infants, children and teens
- Children’s developmental assessments
- Healthy weight nutrition counseling for children and teens
- Nutrition counseling and health education
- Flu shots
- HIV, STD, and STI testing
- HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Basic dental care, emergency dental care
- Lab tests, x-rays and tests for tuberculosis
- Referrals to specialty services for enrolled patients
- Social work support that connects patients to follow-up care, education/counseling, and other services
Services for non-English speakers. We provide translation and interpretation services for health center patients and their families.