Many tobacco retailers sell tobacco products illegally. You can report illegal tobacco sales online or by calling 1 (888) 99-SMOKE (1-888-99-76653). We investigate every report.
It’s illegal in Philadelphia to sell tobacco products or electronic smoking devices (e-cigarettes or accessories):
- Without a current tobacco retailer permit.
- To a minor under 18 years of age.
- Without posting an age warning sign.
- Without asking for and checking ID.
- As “loosies” (individual cigarettes or cigars) not meant for individual sale.
If you see a business that is selling tobacco illegally, call 1 (888) 99-SMOKE (1-888-99-76653) or report the business online. We follow up on every report and businesses that violate the law will be ticketed.