Get Healthy Philly's Tobacco Policy and Control Program promotes smoke-free environments and helps people get help quitting tobacco. We work to:
- Enforce policies that restrict smoking and who can buy tobacco products.
- Make it harder to youth to get tobacco products.
- Encourage youth to live smoke-free lives.
- Make it easier for smokers to quit by partnering with insurance companies, employers, health care providers, and the media.
- Assess and change tobacco pricing.
- Help retailers get permits to sell tobacco and nicotine products.
- Change norms by partnering with the community, youth leaders, and academic institutions.
We also convene the Smoke-Free Philly Coalition, which brings together tobacco control professionals and advocates to help build a healthy and smoke-free city. If you would like to be part of the Coalition, email firstname.lastname@example.org.