The Department of Public Health collects, analyzes, and reports on a wide variety of Philadelphia health data. This information guides the development of the City’s programs and policies. It also helps the broader health care community understand and address Philadelphia’s health challenges.
Anyone can request Philadelphia health data, including members of the public.
If you want to use the data for formal research, the Institutional Review Board and the Health Commissioner’s Office Review Committee may need to review your request.
Our latest strategic plan describes the priorities, goals, and objectives that will guide our work through 2026.
This report includes trends in the prescribing of controlled substances, and data related to the morbidity and mortality associated with substance use disorder.
Average annual values for selected pollutants in Philadelphia's Nicetown neighborhood and the rest of the city.
Births and deaths
- Unintentional Drug Overdose Fatalities in Philadelphia, 2021
- OD Stat Annual Report 2021
- 2021 Annual Report of the Division of Substance Use Prevention and Harm Reduction
- Unintentional Drug Overdose Fatalities in Philadelphia, 2020
- Substance Use Data Dashboard
- Mayor’s Opioid Task Force Report and Recommendations
- Neighborhood Air Quality Data
- Air Management Services Reports
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Surveillance Report
- Good Eats: The Greater Philadelphia Food Economy, and Good Food’s Potential to Drive Growth, Improve Health, and Expand Opportunity
- Neighborhood Food Retail in Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Advisory Group
- Walkable Access to Healthy Food in Philadelphia, 2012-2014