You can appeal a permit, violation, or notice issued by the Department of Licenses and Inspections (L&I).
Your appeal must be filed with the Board of License & Inspection Review.
Other kinds of appeals
- Zoning permit appeals must be filed with the Zoning Board of Adjustment.
- Fire Code violation appeals must be filed with the Board of Safety and Fire Prevention.
- Unsafe or imminently dangerous building designation appeals must be filed with the Board of Building Standards.
- Plumbing code appeals must be filed with the Plumbing Advisory Board.
- Code Violation Notice appeals must be submitted to the Office of Administrative Review.
Anyone who receives a permit, violation, or notice can appeal it.
All appeals must be filed with the relevant board within 30 days of initial notice.
Appeals must be submitted on the appropriate form. They must include the basis of appeal and any required fee.