What we do
The Office of Administrative Review (OAR) reviews cases where residents or business owners disagree with a:
- Violation notice.
- Tax assessment.
- Other City of Philadelphia administrative decision.
OAR provides an appeal process, administers hearings, and manages the financial aspects of some cases.
- Our Code Violation Unit registers security alarm systems. It also helps enforce excess false alarm violations, sanitation violations, and other City laws administered with code violation notices (CVNs).
- The Tax Review Board hears taxpayer appeals of all City assessments or bills, except real estate tax assessments and real estate tax principal. A hearing master will hear cases for matters under $50,000.
- We also handle Philadelphia Parking Authority (PPA) appeals, including:
- Appeals for red light camera violations.
- Appeals for denied residential disability parking spaces.