What we do
Philadelphia Parks & Recreation connects the city’s residents to the natural world, to each other, and to fun physical and social opportunities. We manage historically significant Philadelphia events and special venues, and we work with communities and organizations, leading capital projects and introducing creative programming.
Philadelphia’s large, diverse parks and recreation system provides something for everyone. Listed below are some of facilities and programs we’re responsible for:
- 300+ neighborhood parks, rec centers, and playgrounds
- 166 miles of trails and 40 historic sites
- 60 community gardens, farms, and orchards
- 3 environmental education centers
- 600+ baseball, softball, football, and soccer fields
- 74 pools
- 400+ basketball and 200+ tennis courts
- 5 ice skating rinks
- 5 golf courses
- 25 public computer centers
Philadelphia Parks & Recreation’s Organic Recycling Center in West Fairmount Park is offering free wood chips from August 3 to 31.
The free wood chips are available for pick up for Philadelphia residents, companies, and non-profits.
Pick up during open hours:
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 8 and Saturday, August 22: 7:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
Join Philadelphia Parks & Rec to keep the City’s parks and waterways free of litter!
Dec20EventChristmas caroling in Clark Park5:00 pm to 6:00 pmEvent
Christmas caroling in Clark ParkDecember 20, 20205:00 pm to 6:00 pm, 1 hour