What we do
Philadelphia Parks & Recreation connects the city’s residents to the natural world, each other, and fun things to do and see.
Our dedicated staff help manage:
- Parks, rec centers, playgrounds, and pools.
- Permits for picnics, sports fields, and important venues.
- Creative and inclusive programs.
- Signature city events and important historic and cultural sites.
Trees in parks and along the public right of way.
- Capital and natural lands projects.
- Recreation paths, trails, and boat launches.
- Community gardens, farms, and orchards.
- Special venues such as:
- Environmental education centers.
- The Dell Music Center.
- Ice skating rinks and golf courses.
1515 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Phone: (215) 683-3600
May31EventCBS3 Mental Reset!4:00 pm to 6:30 pmEvent
CBS3 Mental Reset!May 31, 20234:00 pm to 6:30 pm, 3 hours
Jun2EventRittenhouse Square Fine Art Show11:00 am to 6:00 pmRittenhouse Square, 1800 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19103, USAEvent
Rittenhouse Square Fine Art ShowJune 2, 202311:00 am to 6:00 pm, 7 hoursRittenhouse Square, 1800 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19103, USAmapRittenhouse Square Fine Art Show features original artwork by 145 artists from across the United States and Canada. This show runs from June 2 to June 4, 2023. For more information, go to Friends of Rittenhouse Square's Facebook page.
Jun2EventStar Players present Mamma7:00 pm to 9:00 pmVenice Island Performing Arts & Recreation Center, 7 Lock St, Philadelphia, PA 19127, USAEvent
Star Players present MammaJune 2, 20237:00 pm to 9:00 pm, 2 hoursVenice Island Performing Arts & Recreation Center, 7 Lock St, Philadelphia, PA 19127, USAmapThe Star Players of Philadelphia Parks & Recreation present "Mamma Mia" on June 2, 3, and 4. Learn more information and buy tickets here.