All services

Dead tree, report a

What to do if you see a dead tree in your neighborhood.

Dog run, request a

Learn how to get a dog run in your local park. A dog run is a fenced-in, safe area where well-behaved dogs can play off leash.

Downed tree, report a

What to do if a tree falls during a storm.

Events in Philadelphia parks

Calendar of special events scheduled to take place in Philadelphia parks and recreation centers.

Friends and community group event permit, get a

This service will help Friends groups and community groups get a permit for an event at a neighborhood park.

Large event or festival permit, get a

Use this permit if you are an event organizer planning an event, or want to use certain equipment.

Lifeguard, become a

Information about becoming a Philadelphia Parks & Recreation lifeguard.

Media permit, apply for a

Use this form to apply for a permit to film or take still photos on Parks & Rec property.

Organic materials, dispose of

How to dispose of mulch, compost, or other organic materials for a cost at the Fairmount Park Organic Recycling Center.

Organic materials, get

How to get free or low-cost compost, mulch, and wood chips at the Fairmount Park Organic Recycling Center.

Parks & Recreation Historic Archive, make an appointment at the

Information about making an appointment at the Philadelphia Parks & Recreation Historic Archive.

Parks & Recreation activities, find

Philadelphia Parks & Recreation offers activities for everyone. To find activities, use the Parks & Rec finder.

Parks & Recreation facility or field, reserve a

You need a permit to reserve part of a Parks & Rec facility for group activity. You also need a permit to use outdoor fields for sports.

Parks & Recreation space, use a

Learn about getting a permit to use or reserve a Philadelphia Parks & Recreation space. Permits are recommended for all events.

Parks & Recreation venue, rent a

Rent a Philadelphia Parks & Recreation venue for your event.

Parks & Recreation youth program, enroll in a

How to sign up for a Philadelphia Parks & Recreation youth program.

Philadelphia Activities Fund grant, apply for a

Apply for money from the Philadelphia Activities Fund.

Picnic permit, get a

If you want to reserve a space for a picnic, you'll need to apply for a picnic permit.

Playground or recreation center, find a

Resources to help you find a playground, recreation center, or athletic field in Philadelphia.

Street tree maintenance, request

Request maintenance for a tree on your street.

Street tree, get a

Get a free tree planted on the street in front of your home, business, or other property.

Summer camp, register for

Enroll in a Philadelphia Parks & Recreation summer camp.

Swimming pool, find a

Link to Philadelphia’s free indoor public pools, which are open year-round, and link to list of free outdoor public pools open in summer.

Trail permit, get a

Get a permit to use trails in Philadelphia.

Tree related services

Services related to getting or taking care of street and yard trees.

Wedding ceremony or photo permit, get a

Get a permit to have your wedding ceremony or take wedding photos at popular Parks & Rec sites.

Yard tree, get a

Philadelphia property owners can get a free tree for their yard from TreePhilly.