You must submit a plan review to the Office of Food Protection if you are changing the ownership of a mobile food business.
You must submit a plan review if you are a:
- Current mobile food business owner who is changing the name on your food license (licensee).
- New business owner who is taking over a mobile food business and who has not made changes to the food operations or facility.
- Mobile food business owner selling only whole fruits or vegetables (no sampling, cutting, or prepared foods).
Where and when
You may submit your food business plan review for change of ownership/licensee either by mail or in person.
Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–3 p.m. (3 p.m.–4 p.m. by appointment only)
321 University Ave., 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104
This plan review costs $255. You may pay the fee using a:
- Cashier’s check.
- Money order.
- Credit card (online). You will receive an invoice with instructions if you want to pay online.
Make checks out to Department of Public Health – EHS.
If you want to expedite your review and inspection, bring your application and payment to the Office of Food Protection. In addition to the application fee ($65) and inspection fee ($190), there is an expediting fee of $315.
Fees are nonrefundable.
For your plan review, you will provide general information about your business and its ownership. Your application must also contain:
- Support facility information
Describing your base of operations, including its most recent inspection report and food license.
- Food supply information
Describing the prepared food suppliers you will use and any prepared food items (if applicable).
- Equipment information
Including the manufacturer and model for all food service equipment, along with a copy of the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Food safety certification
Including a copy of a City of Philadelphia food safety certificate. (A food safety certified individual must be present at all hours of operation.)
- Menu description for food prepared onsite
Showing a complete menu and description of the foods to be prepared in your mobile food unit, as well as details about the preparation and storage of any food.
- Menu description for food prepared at support facilities
Showing a complete menu and description of the foods to be prepared at your pre-approved, licensed support facility, as well as details about the preparation and storage of food at the support facility.
After you submit your plan review and fees, the Office of Food Protection will process your application. If your application is approved, the Office will conduct a food safety inspection within 10 business days. If you need to make specific arrangements for an inspection, please contact the Office of Food Protection.