COVID-19 vaccine

The vaccine is available to everyone 12 and older! Find a City-run vaccine clinic or partner vaccine clinic to protect yourself and your loved ones. If you have questions about vaccination, call (215) 685-5488.

Permits, violations & licenses

Get approval for construction in the floodplain

Construction projects in the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) have special requirements. To determine if your project is in the floodplain, use the floodplain map.

You must submit flood protection documents with all zoning or building permit applications for construction in the SFHA. For construction in the floodplain, refer to the code bulletin for development in special flood hazard areas (PDF) and L&I guide for development in the floodplain (PDF).

If the cost for a project is $50,000 or more, you must attend a flood protection scoping meeting before submitting your building permit application. See the information sheet about the mandatory scoping meeting for more information.


Any property owner or their authorized agent may request approval. Authorized agents include:

  • Design professionals.
  • Attorneys.
  • Contractors.
  • Licensed expediters.


Determine whether your project is in a floodplain.

To find out, enter the property’s address into the floodplain map.

If your project is in the floodplain, submit flood protection documents with your building permit application.

You can submit your application and documents online using eCLIPSE or in-person at the Permit and License Center.

You need an appointment to visit the Permit and License Center in person.

Permit and License Center
1401 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
MSB, Public Service Concourse
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Office hours: 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday

Offices close at noon on the last Wednesday of each month.

Requesting FEMA map revisions

In order for FEMA to revise a flood hazard map, the City must sign a Community Acknowledgement Form. To request the City’s signature:

  1. Complete the FEMA’s Community Acknowledgement Form.
  2. Complete the Letter of Map Change form.
  3. Use the online submission form to contact the Floodplain Manager.

The Floodplain Manager reviews and signs applications within 30 days.

The City reviews MT-1 and MT-2 applications. The City does not review other types of FEMA map changes.