The Department of Public Health monitors the handling of all infectious waste at public establishments in Philadelphia.
The department also records the infectious waste storage and disposal plans of all health care facilities in Philadelphia, including:
- Private practices.
- Blood banks.
- Other medical institutions.
Health care facilities in Philadelphia should submit a plan for handling infectious waste at health care practices.
As part of the application you will need to detail:
- The forms of infectious waste that you throw away.
- What containers you use to hold infectious waste.
- Approximately how much infectious waste your office or facility produces each day.
- The method of disposal you use.
- If you use a transporter or disposal company, their name, address, and license.
- Where the disposal company takes the waste from your office or facility.