Philadelphia Parks & Recreation permits hundreds of events and festivals each year. Event permit applicants need a Large Event and Festival permit if their event includes any of the following:
- A gathering of 100 people or more.
- Portable toilets.
- Amplified sound.
- Organizational signs.
- Sale, distribution, or cooking of food or goods.
- Filming or photos.
- Any City services.
- Tents, sound systems, or production elements like stages or stands.
This application is for event organizers of:
- Public and private events.
- Large athletic events.
When and where
Applications are available online (see below).
Once the application is complete, you can mail it, or drop it off at our office.
If dropping off, place it in the door mail slot labeled “letters” under the large covered porch at:
The only acceptable form of payment for all application fees, site fees, security deposits, and staff
- Cashier’s check
- Money order, made payable to Fairmount Park.
Credit card payments or cash cannot be accepted. All checks returned for insufficient funds will have additional charges.
To avoid a late application fee, submit your application at least 90 days before the event.
To get a permit, you must complete the application process.
- Parks & Rec Special Events Office staff will review your application and contact you for any additional information needed.
- Complete and submit a COVID-19 Operating Plan to the Philadelphia Department of Health.
- Parks & Rec Special Events Office staff will authorize and issue your permit via mail or email.
- The Philadelphia Department of Public Health will provide approval of your COVID-19 Operating Plan.