Until further notice, Parks & Rec is not issuing permits for public events. A moratorium is in place for events of more than 50 peopleRead the City of Philadelphia Event Moratorium.
Philadelphia Parks & Recreation permits hundreds of events and festivals each year. Event permit applicants need a Large Event and Festival permit if their event includes any of the following:
- A gathering of 50 people or more
- Portable toilets
- Amplified sound
- Organizational signs
- Sale, distribution, or cooking of food or goods
- Filming or photos
- Any City services
- Tents, sound systems, or production elements like stages or stands
This application is for event organizers of:
- Public and private events.
- Large athletic events.
The only acceptable form of payment for all application fees, site fees, security deposits, and staff
- Cashier’s check
- Money order, made payable to Fairmount Park.
Credit card payments or cash cannot be accepted. All checks returned for insufficient funds will have additional charges.
To avoid a late application fee, submit your application at least 90 days before the event.
To get a permit, you must complete the application process.
- Parks & Rec Special Events Office staff will review your application and contact you for any additional information needed.
- Parks & Rec Special Events Office staff will authorize and issue your permit via mail or email.