COVID-19 vaccine

The vaccine is now available for everyone 5 and older! Get your children vaccinated today. Find a City-run vaccine clinic or partner vaccine clinic to protect yourself and your loved ones. If you have questions about vaccination, call (215) 685-5488.

Permits, violations & licenses

Get a permit for a large event or festival

Philadelphia Parks & Recreation permits hundreds of events and festivals each year. Event permit applicants need a Large Event and Festival permit if their event includes any of the following:

  • A gathering of 50 people or more in one location.
  • Portable toilets.
  • Amplified sound.
  • Organizational signs.
  • Sale, distribution, or cooking of food or goods.
  • Filming or photos.
  • Any City services.
  • Tents, sound systems, or production elements like stages or stands.


This application is for event organizers of:

  • Public and private events.
  • Festivals.
  • Large athletic events.

When and where

Applications are available online (see below).

Once the application is complete, you can mail it, or drop it off at our office.

If dropping off, place it in the door mail slot labeled “letters” under the large covered porch at:


PPR Special Events Office, CASE Bldg.
4300 S. Concourse Dr.
Philadelphia , PA 19131
Work Phone:

The only acceptable form of payment for all application fees, site fees, security deposits, and staff
costs are:

  • Check
  • Cashier’s check
  • Money order, made payable to Fairmount Park.

Credit card payments or cash cannot be accepted. All checks returned for insufficient funds will have additional charges.

To avoid a late application fee, submit your application at least 90 days before the event.


To get a permit, you must complete the application process.

Call the Parks & Rec Special Events Office at (215) 685-0060 to make sure the location and date you want is available.
Download, complete, and mail, or submit your Special Events application in person, with the correct application fee.
  • Parks & Rec Special Events Office staff will review your application and contact you for any additional information needed.
Receive, sign, and submit your non-executed permit (pre-permit) with payment.
  • Parks & Rec Special Events Office staff will authorize and issue your permit via mail or email.