Philadelphia Parks & Recreation facilities and fields have staff who schedule these spaces. You need a permit to reserve a recreation facility or field for group activity.
- Community groups who want to reserve rec center meeting rooms.
- Groups that wish to use recreation building spaces.
- Leagues or teams who use fields for practices and games.
When and where
You can download the recreation and athletic permit application.
There are some fees associated with use of these spaces.
Applications must be submitted in person.
Parks & Rec buildings are currently closed. Our athletic fields are open with new guidelines. To help reduce the spread of COVID-19 we will issue permits for recreational activities or group sports that are:
- Non-competitive (e.g. skills-only, solo drills, etc.).
- Limited to 25 people including coaches, referees, and participants.
Follow these steps to reserve your spot:
Permits usually arrive in about 14 days.