Philadelphia Parks & Recreation facilities and fields have staff who schedule these spaces. You need a permit to reserve a recreation facility or field for group activity.
Parks & Rec will resume issuing permits for the following activities:Outdoors
- All sports and activities are allowed with these restrictions:
- No spectators.
- Masks must be worn at all times when a distance of 6 feet cannot be maintained.
- Tournaments of three or more teams are prohibited.
- View the outdoor performance and event guidance for information on other outdoor activities.
- Skills and drills activities only with these restrictions:
- No contact sports.
- No spectators.
- See what sports are allowed.
- Select gymnasiums and multipurpose rooms may be permitted for use.
- No competitions are allowed in Parks and Rec gymnasiums. The only exception is School District of Philadelphia permit holders.
- Read the indoor high school sports guidance.
- The number of people per room is limited to:
- Gymnasiums: maximum 25 people in cohorts no larger than 10 people.
- Other rooms: maximum 10 people.
- Rooms smaller than 2,000 square feet cannot be permitted.
- Indoor permit holders must attend and be responsible for the content of the Standard Operating Procedure Training hosted by Philadelphia Parks & Recreation staff.
- Groups that wish to use recreation building spaces.
- Leagues or teams who use fields for practices and games.
If you received a permit for an outdoor activity between March 2019 and July 2019. You have the first opportunity to:
- Re-apply for activities during the same days, times, and outdoor spaces scheduled through July 2021.
If you received a permit for an indoor activity between December 2019 and March 13th, 2020. You have the first opportunity to:
- Re-apply for indoor activities for the same days, times, and indoor spaces scheduled through March 12th, 2021.
When and where
You can download the recreation and athletic permit application.
There are some fees associated with use of these spaces.
Follow these steps to reserve your spot:
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, permits will be emailed at this time. Permits usually arrive in about 14 days.