Philadelphia Parks & Recreation facilities and fields have staff who schedule these spaces. You need a permit to reserve a recreation facility or field for group activity.
UPDATE effective March 16, 2021
Parks & Rec will resume issuing permits for the following activities:
- All sports and activities are allowed with these restrictions:
- Masks must be worn at all times when a distance of 6 feet cannot be maintained.
- Outdoor fields: maximum of 100 people allowed.
- Courts: maximum of 50 people allowed.
- View the youth, schools, community and sports club guidance for information on outdoor athletic activities.
- All sports are allowed.
- Select gymnasiums and multipurpose rooms may be permitted for use.
- The number of people per room is limited to:
- Gymnasiums: maximum 50 people.
Other rooms: maximum 10 people.
- Indoor permit holders must attend and be responsible for the content of the Standard Operating Procedure Training hosted by Philadelphia Parks & Recreation staff.
- Groups that wish to use recreation building spaces.
- Leagues or teams who use fields for practices and games.
If you received a permit for an outdoor activity between March 2019 and July 2019. You have the first opportunity to:
- Re-apply for activities during the same days, times, and outdoor spaces scheduled through July 2021.
If you received a permit for an indoor activity between December 2019 and March 13, 2020. You have the first opportunity to:
- Re-apply for indoor activities for the same days, times, and indoor spaces scheduled through March 12, 2021.
When and where
You can download the recreation and athletic permit application.
There are some fees associated with use of these spaces.
Follow these steps to reserve your spot:
Use the Parks & Rec map-based Finder to locate a facility.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, permits will be emailed at this time. Permits usually arrive in about 14 days.