Are you ready for business?
The City of Philadelphia is committed to helping business owners better understand and navigate the process of operating a food business in Philadelphia.
All food businesses in Philadelphia work closely with the Department of Public Health and the Department of Licenses and Inspections to ensure they comply with local zoning ordinances, the local building code, and the health code.
Department of Public Health application procedures, forms and fee schedules are available for download below.
- Regulations Governing Food Establishments
- Food Facility Inspections in the City of Philadelphia
- Understanding the Food Facility Inspection Report
Stationary Food Business
- Opening a Stationary Food Business: A Guide to Permits and Licenses
- Plan Review for Stationary Food Business: Instructions & Application Form
- Change of Ownership/Licensee Plan Review for Stationary Food Businesses: Instructions & Application Form
Mobile Food Business
- Opening a Mobile Food Business: A Guide to Permits and Licenses
- Plan Review for Mobile Food Business: Instructions & Application Form
- Change of Ownership/Licensee Plan Review for Mobile Food Businesses: Instructions & Application Form
Food Safety Certification
Any food or beverages sold or given away to the public outside of the normal operations of a stationary food business require application submission. Completed applications and fees should be submitted 30 days prior to the event. For more information, please call 215-685-7495.
- Special Event Sponsor Guide and Application
- Temporary Special Event Guide and Application
- Permanent Special Event Guide
- Permanent Special Event Application
Email us your comments and concerns