Men have higher rates of heart disease, stroke, and many types of cancer than women. Men are also more likely than women to delay seeking medical attention. As a result, many men miss the opportunity to prevent complications from these common conditions.
The Department of Public Health provides a range of men’s health services at eight of our City health centers.
- Prostate cancer screenings.
- Colon cancer screenings.
- STD testing and treatment.
- HIV counseling and testing.
- Hepatitis C screening.
- Help quitting tobacco.
- Nutritional consultations.
- Hypertension screenings.
- Cholesterol screenings.
- Diabetes mellitus screenings.
- Obesity screening and counseling.
- Lab tests, x-rays, and tests for tuberculosis.
We offer translation and interpretation services in City health centers for patients and their families.
Forms & instructions
- Health center patients can access information about their care and appointments on our patient portal. Sign up for an account at your health center and access the HealthCenterConnect Patient Portal.
- Residents can get pediatric care at many community health centers throughout the city. You can locate them on the community health centers map.