The Department of Public Health provides family planning services, birth control supplies, and pregnancy options counseling at eight City health centers. Our family planning team includes a nurse practitioner, a social worker, and a gynecologist.
- Pelvic and breast exams.
- Pap smears.
- STD testing and treatment (walk-in services available at Health Center 1).
- HIV counseling and testing.
- Genetic screening.
- Pregnancy options counseling.
- Endometrial biopsy.
Birth control supplies include:
- Birth control pills.
- Nuva Ring.
- IUDs (intra-uterine devices).
- Male and female condoms (Health Center 1).
- Dental dams.
- ECP (emergency contraception pills).
We provide translation and interpretation services for health center patients and their families. All services are private and confidential.
City health centers accept Medicare, Medicaid, HMO plans, and most other insurance options. If you don’t have insurance, the centers will charge a small fee based on family size and income. Health centers can also help you apply for affordable health insurance.