Our Healthy Start program provides case management, home visiting, and health education to help pregnant women get the care they need to have healthy babies.
We help connect women with:
Philadelphia Healthy Start is part of a national program to reduce infant mortality, low birthweight, and other poor perinatal outcomes.
Healthy Start case managers/home visitors help families create personalized care plans to support their health. They provide:
- One-on-one support and education in your home.
- Health education and resources (childbirth education, pregnancy education, child development).
- Breastfeeding education and support.
- Preventive health care for moms and babies.
- Education about pregnancy spacing and planning your life course.
- Referral to prenatal depression and grief services.
- Referral to parenting classes and support groups.
- Help meeting your goals – a case manager will help you make a plan to return to school, get back to work, and apply for your own housing.
- Help getting connected to affordable health care.
- Resources and support for men and fathers.
Contact a Healthy Start Outreach Coordinator to help you get the care you and your family need.