If you are a new property owner, take the following steps to turn on water service, depending on your situation:
- If your deed is recorded, your account will be updated by the City and you will begin to receive bills in your name.
- If your deed is not recorded and it is essential that you receive water bills in your name, present your settlement sheet to the Water Revenue Bureau at a payment center.
- If there is no meter on the property, a meter must be installed within 30 days after the settlement date. Call (215) 685-6300 to get a water meter installed.
If you own a commercial property, you may also need to:
- Read about the Water Department’s Industrial Waste Unit to learn about regulations that apply to industrial water usage.
- Get a plumbing permit before making modifications to plumbing on your property.
Call (215) 685-6300 or email email@example.com to change your water bill to braille or large print.