If you pay rent to live in your apartment, house, or condominium, you can apply to receive water service in your name. Bring the following documents to a Water Revenue Bureau payment center:
- Written consent from the owner for you to have water service in your name.
- A valid street address for the owner.
- One current, government-issued photo ID.
- Proof of residency. For example: a copy of your lease, a rent book, a canceled check, etc.
- Current utility bills in your name, listing the street address for the property.
- A water meter reading. If there is no meter on the property, a meter must be installed before the application is approved. Call (215) 685-6300 to get a water meter installed.
In addition, please make sure your landlord has an up-to-date rental housing license before going to the payment center.
You will not be able to receive water service in your name if your landlord does not have an up-to-date rental housing license for the property you are renting.