What we do
The mission of the Department of Revenue is the timely, courteous, and prompt collection of all revenue due to the City of Philadelphia, and all tax revenue due to the School District of Philadelphia. This includes the billing and collection of water and sewer charges.
The Water Revenue Bureau provides all billing and collection functions for water and sewer charges. We ensure that the Philadelphia Water Department has the financial resources needed to provide reliable, high-quality water to Philadelphia residents, businesses, and communities.
The Department of Revenue also administers the City’s many tax and assistance programs.
Taxpayers and water customers can:
- Schedule an in-person appointment to make payments at the Municipal Services Building (MSB). No walk-ins are accepted. You must have an appointment confirmation before your arrival to MSB.
- Request a telephone call back from a Revenue representative about City taxes or about your water bill.
- Get an in-person appointment with a Law Department representative by calling (215) 686-0500.
- Call our tax information hotlines between 8 a.m. and 7:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- All customers are required to wear masks inside of the Municipal Services Building (MSB).
- Our satellite offices remain closed.
- We close the MSB’s Concourse Level from 12:30 – 1:30pm to sanitize the area daily. All in-person appointments restart at 1:30pm. Please do not arrive earlier than 10 minutes before your scheduled time.
Apr20EventPhiladelphia Beverage Tax Payments Due!All DayPay onlineEvent
Philadelphia Beverage Tax Payments Due!April 20, 2021All DayPay onlinemapPhillyBevTax returns for beverages supplied in the previous month. http://www.phillybevtax.com/Distributors/Register-File-Pay
Apr21EventWeekly Wage Tax dueAll DayEvent
Weekly Wage Tax dueApril 21, 2021All Day
Apr25EventUse and Occupancy Tax DueAll DayEvent
Use and Occupancy Tax DueApril 25, 2021All Day