Your responsibilities are:
- Paying your bill on time.
- Reading and understanding your bill.
- Allowing a City representative to access your water meter.
- Keeping your meter in good condition and preventing it from freezing. To replace a damaged meter, call (215) 685-6300.
- Reporting dangerous conditions such as leaks and damaged pipes by calling (215) 685-6300.
- Informing the Water Revenue Bureau of any change in your billing or mailing address by calling (215) 686-6880.
- Calling (215) 686-6880 if you see an “E” on your bill. This means your bill has been estimated (“E”) based on previous usage. Estimates are used when there’s a problem getting a meter reading. You’ll need to make an appointment to determine the status of your meter.
- Fixing any water leaks and plumbing issues in your house and the water pipes connecting your house to the ferrule (the valve connecting your pipe to the water main).
- Maintaining and repairing, if necessary, the sanitary and storm sewer lateral lines connecting your house to the sewer main.
- Fair service provided by courteous, efficient employees.
- Confidential handling of your personal information.
- Whatever assistance is necessary to understand your water and sewer bill.
Notice of Defect
Customers who do not have fully operational water or sewer lines will be served a Notice of Defect and are required to repair defects within the period stated on the notice. For more details, review the City’s complete Water Department regulations.