Your responsibilities are:
- Paying your bill on time.
- Reading and understanding your bill.
- Allowing a City representative to access your water meter.
- Keeping your meter in good condition and preventing it from freezing. To replace a damaged meter, call (215) 685-6300.
- Reporting dangerous conditions such as leaks and damaged pipes by calling (215) 685-6300.
- Informing the Water Revenue Bureau of any change in your billing or mailing address by calling (215) 686-6880.
- Calling (215) 686-6880 if you see an “E” on your bill. This means your bill has been estimated (“E”) based on previous usage. Estimates are used when there’s a problem getting a meter reading. You’ll need to make an appointment to determine the status of your meter.
- Fixing any water leaks and plumbing issues in your house and the water pipes connecting your house to the ferrule (the valve connecting your pipe to the water main).
- Maintaining and repairing, if necessary, the sanitary and storm sewer lateral lines connecting your house to the sewer main.
Notice of Defect
Customers who do not have fully operational water or sewer lines will be served a Notice of Defect and are required to repair defects within the period stated on the notice. For more details, review the City’s complete Water Department regulations.