Your responsibilities are:
- Paying your bill on time.
- Allowing a City representative to access your water meter.
- Keeping your meter in good condition and preventing it from freezing.
- Calling (215) 685-6300 if:
- Your bill is not accurate
- The usage chart on your bill shows you have an estimated reading
- The usage chart on your bill shows you have a zero reading
- Your meter is damaged
- There are dangerous conditions such as leaks and damaged infrastructure (like hydrants, inlets. etc.)
- You need to change your address
- Fixing any water leaks and plumbing issues in your house and the water pipes connecting your house to the ferrule (the valve connecting your pipe to the water main).
- Maintaining and repairing, if necessary, the sanitary and storm sewer lateral lines connecting your house to the sewer main.
What to expect from Philadelphia Department of Water
- Fair service provided by courteous, efficient employees.
- Confidential handling of your personal information.
- Whatever assistance is necessary to understand your water and sewer bill.
Notice of Defect
Customers who do not have fully operational water or sewer lines will be served a Notice of Defect and are required to repair defects within the period stated on the notice. For more details, review the City’s complete Water Department regulations.