Skip to main content

Water, gas & utilities

Get advice to reduce utility costs

The Division of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) supports the Energy Coordinating Agency’s Neighborhood Energy Centers (NECs).

At a NEC, residents can:

  • Apply for help paying utility bills.
  • Learn how to conserve water, gas, and electricity.
  • Get energy counseling.


To get assistance from a Neighborhood Energy Center, you must meet certain income requirements. View the current income guidelines.


To find your local NEC, visit the Energy Coordinating Agency’s website.