Skip to main content

Property maintenance certifications

 Property owners must have certain structures inspected periodically by qualified professionals.

Which structures require a maintenance inspection?

Certain structures in the city need to have specialized inspections. These include:

  • Private bridges.
  • Facades, if a building is:
    • Six or more stories tall.
    • Has any appurtenance more than 60 ft. in height.
  • Fire escapes and fire escape balconies.
  • Piers and other waterfront structures that extend below the waterline of the Delaware River, Schuykill River, or their estuaries.

The Department of Licenses and Inspections (L&I) audits a random sample of these inspections.

Inspection requirements

More +


More +

Where to submit reports

Submit reports online using eCLIPSE.

All reports must use the legal address established by the Office of Property Assessment (OPA). You must have a design professional registration in order to submit any building certifications or reports.

Visit Help using eCLIPSE for step-by-step instructions on how to submit a maintenance inspection certification.