Due to extremely cold conditions, the City is implementing special measures to keep people who are homeless safe. If you see someone who needs shelter, call (215) 232-1984.
In effect: 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 07 to noon on Thursday, Dec. 09

COVID-19 vaccine

The vaccine is now available for everyone 5 and older! Get your children vaccinated today. Find a City-run vaccine clinic or partner vaccine clinic to protect yourself and your loved ones. If you have questions about vaccination, call (215) 685-5488.

Contact us

Contacts for information and questions related to the Department of Licenses and Inspections (L&I).

District offices

You can visit the L&I district offices to get help with requesting a statement of outstanding fees for re-inspections and case-files, requesting a status of your violation and permit, and getting general information about complying a violation on your property or about general eCLIPSE related questions. The district offices can not process any applications or payments at this time.

You must schedule your inspections online using eCLIPSE or through the IVR system by calling (215) 255-4040.

L&I inspectors are stationed at district offices across Philadelphia.

North District
88 E. Haines St.
Philadelphia, PA 19144
Code Enforcement Unit
(215) 685-2279
Construction Unit
(215) 685-2276 or (215) 685-2280
West District
Code Enforcement Unit
2401 Walnut St., Suite 502
Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 686-2593
Construction Unit
4221-4229 Market St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
(215) 685-7680 or (215) 685-7683
East District
7522 Castor Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19152
Code Enforcement Unit
(215) 685-0535
Construction Unit
(215) 685-0580 or (215) 685-0583
North Central District
1512-14 Cecil B. Moore Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19121
Code Enforcement Unit
(215) 683-0575
Construction Unit
(215) 683-0580 or (215) 683-0584
Central West District
2401 Walnut St., Suite 502
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Code Enforcement Unit
(215) 686-2596
Construction Unit
(215) 685-3789 or (215) 685-3790
Central East District
667 N. Broad St., 3rd floor
Philadelphia, PA 19123
Code Enforcement Unit
(215) 685-3917
Construction Unit
(215) 685-3786, 3787, 3788
South District
1100 Wharton St., 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19147
Code Enforcement Unit
(215) 685-1510
Construction Unit
(215) 685-1576 or (215) 685-1578

You can also use the map to find districts and district offices.

Districts and district offices

  • Districts
  • District offices

Notice of completion of repairs

For notice of completion of repairs, submit the emergency inspection form to the Department of Licenses and Inspections (L&I) or call 311 or (215) 686-8686 if outside Philadelphia.

License questions

For licensing questions, submit an online request or call 311 or (215) 686-8686 if outside Philadelphia.

Permit and code questions

For code or permit-related questions, submit an online request to the Department of Licenses and Inspections (L&I) or call 311 or (215) 686-8686 if outside Philadelphia.

To request a project scoping meeting for flood protection, phased construction, or to schedule an appointment with an examiner to discuss the additional information request on an open application, submit an online request to the Department of Licenses and Inspections (L&I) or call 311 or (215) 686-8686 if outside Philadelphia.


For property certification questions, submit an online request to the Department of Licenses and Inspections (L&I).


For questions about Board of Building Standards (BBS), Plumbing Advisory Board (PAB), and Board of Licenses and Inspections Review (BLIR) appeals, call (215) 686-2419 or email BoardsAdmin@phila.gov.

You can also mail comments to:

Boards Administration
1401 John F. Kennedy Blvd., 11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102


Dangerous buildings

In the case of an emergency, call 911.

For other inquiries about dangerous buildings, call (215) 686-2480 or email stephen.gallagher@phila.gov.


For questions about vending, call (215) 686-2414 or email vending@phila.gov.

Nuisance properties

For nuisance property questions, call (215) 686-2515.

Audits and investigations

For audit and investigation questions, call (215) 686-2499 or email aiu@phila.gov.


For questions related to subpoenas, the Tax Review Board, Right-to-Know requests, and Municipal Court or Equity Court, call (215) 686-1441/1442.

Unsafe or unlicensed

To report unlicensed contractors or unpermitted work, use 311’s online form or call. If you’re outside Philadelphia, call (215) 686-8686

After you’ve filed a report with 311, you can submit more information to addinfoli@phila.gov. Include the 311 case number, address where work is being done, and your phone number or email address.

Complaints or
general information

For complaints or general information, use 311’s online form or call 311. If you’re outside Philadelphia, call (215) 686-8686.

Media inquiries

For media inquiries, email karen.guss@phila.gov.