You can report a problem with a building, street, or vacant lot to 311.
For example, you can report:
- Construction projects that violate building codes.
- Work without a permit.
- Maintenance problems on the inside or outside of a building.
- Buildings in poor condition or that have materials falling into the street.
- Rental properties that violate City codes.
- Vacant buildings where people are trespassing.
- Vacant lots that are overgrown, covered in trash, or otherwise neglected.
- Properties being used in a way that violates licensing requirements or zoning codes.
- Problems with streets, such as potholes.
You can make a report using an online form, or by calling 311. Call (215) 686-8686 if you are outside Philadelphia.
To track the progress of a service request you submitted, use the 311 service request tracker.
For emergencies, call 911.