Due to extremely cold conditions, the City is implementing special measures to keep people who are homeless safe. If you see someone who needs shelter, call (215) 232-1984.

COVID-19 vaccine

The vaccine is now available for certain groups. Learn more about the City’s plans for distributing vaccines and reserve your place in line. Sign up today!

Property, lots & housing

Find emergency housing

If you are experiencing homelessness, you can go to an intake center and get help. You can also get help if you are at risk of losing your home.

For help during daytime hours, visit one of these intake centers.
Center Address Hours Phone
Appletree Family Center
(shelter/diversion assessment)
1430 Cherry St. Mon. – Fri.,
7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(215) 686-7150
(215) 686-7151
(215) 686-7153
Emergency Assistance and Response Unit (EARU)
(rental assistance)
1430 Cherry St.,
3rd Floor
Mon. – Fri.,
8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
(215) 686-7177
(information line/recorded message)
Roosevelt Darby Center
(shelter/diversion assessment)
804 N. Broad St. Mon. – Fri.,
7a.m. to 5 p.m.
(215) 685-3700


For help after hours, visit one of these after-hours centers.
If you are a … Then visit … Address Hours Phone
Family Red Shield Family Residence 715 N. Broad St. 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. and holidays and weekends (215) 787-2887
Single man* Station House 2601 N. Broad Street, rear entrance 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. and holidays and weekends (215) 225-9230
Single woman* Gaudenzia’s House of Passage 111 N. 49th St., at the corner of 48th St. and Haverford Ave., entrance on 48th Street 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. and holidays and weekends (267) 713-7778

*All gender identities are welcome at after-hours centers.

To learn about additional intake centers, visit the Office of Homeless Services (OHS) Service page.

If you are a domestic violence survivor, you can contact Women Against Abuse any time day or night at (866) 723-3014.

If you are between the ages of 12 and 17, you can go to a youth access point.

If you are not currently experiencing homelessness but are in danger of being evicted, visit prevention services.

For help preventing foreclosure on your home, visit Save Your Home Philly.