What we do
The Office of Homeless Services works together with more than 60 homeless housing and service providers, as well as city, state, and federal government groups, to make up Philadelphia’s homeless service system. This system provides emergency housing and aid to people who are experiencing homelessness and those at risk of homelessness.
Homeless Services supports:
- 24 emergency housing facilities.
- 16 transitional housing programs.
- 5,825 long-term housing units.
Our services include:
- Homelessness prevention and diversion.
- Emergency, transitional, and rapid re-housing.
- Case management.
- Service days (clean up of encampments).
- Food distribution to housing facilities and soup kitchens.
Currently, Homeless Services is developing targeted responses to youth homelessness and homelessness in shared public spaces.