Skip to main content

Property, lots & housing

Get help if you are facing homelessness

If you are facing homelessness, you may qualify for help, such as:

  • Emergency shelter placement or temporary housing.
  • Financial help with rent, move-in costs, and utilities.
  • Mediation, counseling, and problem-solving.
  • Stranded traveler’s assistance.

Any person can request homeless assistance in Philadelphia, regardless of origin, race, sexual orientation, gender, religion, disability, family composition, source of income, or age.

If English is not your first language, interpretation services are available.

These services are operated by the Prevention, Diversion & Intake (PDI) Unit within the Office of Homeless Services. Assistance is based on available funding.

How to get help

Contact our intake social workers and case managers in one of two ways:

  1. Call the Homelessness Prevention InfoLine at (215) 686-7177.
  2. Visit a City-funded homeless intake center.

A social worker or case manager will help you complete an assessment. Due to high call volume, it could take more than 72 hours to receive a call back.

Required documents

You must be able to provide the following documents:

  • Birth certificates and Social Security cards for all household members.
  • Proof of income for all household members. Must be dated within last 30 days.

Copies of documents are acceptable.