Due to extremely cold conditions, the City is implementing special measures to keep people who are homeless safe. If you see someone who needs shelter, call (215) 232-1984.
In effect: 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 07 to noon on Thursday, Dec. 09

COVID-19 vaccine

The vaccine is now available for everyone 5 and older! Get your children vaccinated today. Find a City-run vaccine clinic or partner vaccine clinic to protect yourself and your loved ones. If you have questions about vaccination, call (215) 685-5488.

Payments, assistance & taxes

Get a tax account

Visit the Philadelphia Tax Center to get a Philadelphia Tax Identification Number (PHTIN) for the following tax types:

  • Business Income and Receipts Tax (BIRT)
  • Wage Tax
  • Net Profits Tax
  • Earnings Tax
  • School Income Tax (SIT)
  • Liquor Tax
  • Beverage Tax
  • Tobacco Tax

This number is used to pay business taxes, as well the School Income TaxEarnings and Wage Tax.

To get an account for the taxes below, continue to use our eFile/ePay site until October 2022.

  • Use and Occupancy Tax
  • Realty Transfer Tax
  • Hospital Tax
  • Parking Tax
  • Valet Parking Tax
  • Hotel Tax
  • Amusement Tax
  • Coin-operated Tax
  • Vehicle Rental Tax
  • Outdoor Advertising Tax

If you’re a business, a PHTIN and Commercial Activity License (CAL) are required to do any business in Philadelphia. Once you have your PHTIN, you can obtain your CAL from the Department of Licenses & Inspections.

If you cannot apply online, use the form below to apply for a tax account, Commercial Activity License (CAL), and/or Wage Tax withholding account.

Non-profit groups are not liable for the Business Income and Receipts Tax (BIRT), but may owe other taxes. Non-profits with employees must get a PHTIN and pay the Wage Tax.

Forms & instructions