Skip to main content

Payments, assistance & taxes

Appeal a water bill or water service decision

If you disagree with a decision by the Philadelphia Water Department (PWD) or Water Revenue Bureau (WRB), you can appeal that decision to the Tax Review Board (TRB).

You should only submit an appeal after attempting to resolve your problem directly with PWD or WRB. There might be a simple solution to your problem.


You can file a Water department appeal with the Office of Administrative Review’s Tax Review Board if you:

  • Want to dispute a water bill and have already tried to resolve the issue with the PWD or WRB.
  • Want to dispute a Homeowners Emergency Loan Program (HELP) decision.
  • Are found ineligible for a payment agreement.
  • Have an application for service rejected.
  • Are disputing a bill larger than $10,000.

Where and when

Submit water department appeals to the Tax Review Board by:

  • Fax
  • Email
  • Mail.


First, try and resolve your issue with the PWD or WRB.

Call: (215) 685-6300 to speak to PWD or WRB customer representatives.

If you are unable to resolve the issue or if your bill is more than $10,000, appeal to the TRB.

Fax, email, or mail three copies of your completed Water Department Appeal form, along with a copy of the disputed bill.

Fax: (215) 686-5228



Office of Administrative Review/Tax Review Board
100 South Broad Street, Room 400
Philadelphia, PA 19110
Work Phone:

Related content