COVID-19 vaccine

The vaccine is now available for certain groups. Learn more about the City’s plans for distributing vaccines. If you're interested in getting the vaccine, sign up today!

Open a Philadelphia tax account

Visit the City’s eFile/ePay website to open a Philadelphia tax account number online. This number is used to pay businesses taxes, as well the Earnings and Wage Tax.

If you’re a business, a tax account number and Commercial Activity License (CAL) are required for any business operating in Philadelphia. Once you have your tax account number, you can obtain your CAL from the Department of Licenses & Inspections.

Non-profit groups should register with the Department of Revenue by mailing this completed form with a copy of their IRS 501 (C) (3) exemption letter. Non-profits are not liable for the Business Income and Receipts Tax (BIRT), but may owe other taxes. For example, they must pay the Wage Tax if they have employees.

Name Description Released Format
Application for business tax account number PDF Application form for Philadelphia business tax account number, Commercial Activity License, and/or Wage Tax withholding account. May 19, 2020