The Philadelphia Art Commission and its committees hold monthly public meetings. Typically, the Art Commission meets on the first Wednesday of the month, while the Sign Committee meets on the third Wednesday of the month.
At these meetings, they review applications for:
- Construction projects located on City property or funded with City money.
- Structures to be placed on or over the public right-of-way, including awnings, newsstands, and bridges.
- Signs on buildings in certain locations or in the right-of-way.
- Public art to be acquired by the City or placed on public property.
- Public art created to fulfill the floor area and height density bonus, as outlined in Chapter 14-702 of the zoning code.
Interested parties can comment on matters before the Art Commission in person at public meetings. You can learn more about the project types reviewed by the Art Commission or view the meeting calendar.
|Art Commission meeting agenda - October 13 2021 PDF||October 8, 2021|
Applications under review
|4600 Morris St - admin submission PDF||October 8, 2021|
|Bus shelter deployment - admin submission PDF||October 8, 2021|
|Maplewood Mall - second review PDF||October 8, 2021|
|2901 Princeton Ave - concept review PDF||October 8, 2021|
|101 S Columbus Blvd - concept review PDF||October 8, 2021|
|Report of the Sign Committee - September 22 2021 PDF||October 8, 2021|
|1401-Walnut-St-sign-application PDF||September 17, 2021|
|401-Market-St-sign-application PDF||September 17, 2021|
|2402-Market-St-sign-application PDF||September 17, 2021|
|1214-Chestnut-St-sign-application PDF||September 17, 2021|
|1800-Lombard-St-sign-application PDF||September 17, 2021|
|1711-Chestnut-St-sign-application PDF||September 17, 2021|
|1211-1215-Chestnut-St-sign-application PDF||September 17, 2021|
|1845-Walnut-St-sign-application PDF||September 17, 2021|