All Tax Review Board (TRB) reviews begin with the taxpayer filing of a petition seeking review of a:
- Waiver of interest and penalty.
- Review of a denial of a refund.
- Tax assessment appeals, such as:
- Licenses and inspections assessments.
- Refuse, or trash taxes.
- Wage taxes
- Business income and receipts taxes.
- School income taxes.
- And others.
All disputes are screened for eligibility, tracked, and scheduled for a hearing at the TRB.
Any taxpayer can petition for a tax appeal.
Where and when
See the Tax Review Board instructions for filing this appeal for specific deadlines.
Petitions can be:
Send or bring your completed petition to the City of Philadelphia Tax Review Board. You must provide a copy of the disputed bill with your petition. Ex. Water bill, revenue statement
(215) 686-5228. If you fax your petition, you still must mail or bring the original, signed copy of the petition into the office.
email@example.com. If you email your petition, you still must mail or bring the original, signed copy of the petition into the office.
By mail or in person:
100 South Broad Street, Room 400
Philadelphia, PA 19110
TRB offices are open Mon. through Fri. from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.