Due to extremely hot weather, the City is implementing a Heat Health Emergency. You can find Cooling Centers, pools, spraygrounds, recreation centers, libraries with extended hours, and older adult centers on our interactive map. For help call the heatline at (215) 765-9040.
In effect: noon on Wednesday, July 17 to 11:00 p.m. on Monday, July 22

Business & self-employment

Get a tax account

Visit the City’s eFile/ePay website to get a tax account number.

This number is used to pay business taxes, as well the School Income TaxEarnings and Wage Tax.

If you’re a business, a tax account number and Commercial Activity License (CAL) are required for any business operating in Philadelphia. Once you have your tax account number, you can obtain your CAL from the Department of Licenses & Inspections.

If you cannot apply online, use the form below to apply for a Philadelphia business tax account number, Commercial Activity License (CAL), and/or Wage Tax withholding account.

Non-profit groups are not liable for the Business Income and Receipts Tax (BIRT), but may owe other taxes. Non-profits with employees must get a tax account ID and pay the Wage Tax.

Forms & instructions