The Department of Licenses and Inspections (L&I) issues permits for construction, demolition and excavation work in the city. The documents on this page include information related to construction impacting an adjacent property where the project includes any of the following work:
- Excavation work more than 5 feet below adjacent grade and within 10 feet of an adjacent building or structure.
- Excavation, demolition, or construction work where historic structure is within 90 feet on the same or adjacent parcel.
- Structural alterations of a historic structure (excluding 1 or 2 family dwellings).
- Modification to a party wall, including demolition, joist replacement, and additions.
- Severing of structural roof or wall covering spanning properties.
Refer to the Excavations and the Protection of Adjacent Property Code Bulletin B-0503-R3 for more details on construction and protection requirements.
|Acknowledgement of receipt of construction or demolition project form PDF||This form outlines the information required to be submitted and must be signed as an acknowledgment of receipt by the adjacent property owner impacted by construction or demolition work.||November 9, 2022|
|Monitoring plan information sheet PDF||This document provides information on the monitoring plan requirements including the scope of monitoring, frequency, and acceptable tolerances.||November 8, 2022|
|Notification to adjacent owner information sheet PDF||This document provides information about the process to notify the adjacent owner impacted by construction or demolition work.||November 8, 2022|
|Pre-construction survey information sheet PDF||This document provides information on the pre-construction survey requirements including the documentation on existing conditions of all adjoining and adjacent buildings and any potential hazards.||November 8, 2022|