Get work repairing and improving the homes of Philadelphians in need
The Philadelphia Housing Development Corporation (PHDC) is seeking additional contractors to perform repairs and improvements for the Basic System Repair Program (BSRP) and Adaptive Modification Program (AMP). These programs have waiting lists and need more contractors to serve more Philadelphians in need. To apply, submit a Contractor Request for Qualifications (RFQ).
The Contractor RFQ and the information you need to complete it are now available online from PHDC.
All of the contractors selected to participate in PHDC home repair and improvement programs are small and mid-sized businesses. Annually, 38-45% of PHDC home repair and improvement contracts are assigned to MBE/WBE (Minority Business Enterprise/Women’s Business Enterprise) contractors.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with the trade for which qualifications are being submitted
- Been in business as the same legal entity for a minimum of three (3) years
- Must have the appropriate trade license(s). Plumbers and electricians must be licensed in their trade by the City of Philadelphia. All other contractors must have a City of Philadelphia Contractor License
- Must be registered with the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office as a Home Improvement Contractor
- Must have no City tax, water or other delinquencies. The contractor may be in a current payment agreement to resolve such delinquencies
- No conflict of interest as disclosed on any forms or other documentation provided.
- Must not own any property that is subject to any significant unresolved violation of City codes and ordinances
- Must not own a property in Philadelphia subject to tax foreclosure proceeding in the last five years
- Not have any owners/partners/officers of company been convicted of any felony within the past five years