COVID-19 vaccine

The vaccine is available to everyone 12 and older! Find a City-run vaccine clinic or partner vaccine clinic to protect yourself and your loved ones. If you have questions about vaccination, call (215) 685-5488.

Business & self-employment

Get a tax account

Visit the City’s eFile/ePay website to get a tax account number.

This number is used to pay business taxes, as well the School Income TaxEarnings and Wage Tax.

If you’re a business, a tax account number and Commercial Activity License (CAL) are required for any business operating in Philadelphia. Once you have your tax account number, you can obtain your CAL from the Department of Licenses & Inspections.

If you cannot apply online, use the form below to apply for a Philadelphia business tax account number, Commercial Activity License (CAL), and/or Wage Tax withholding account.

Non-profit groups are not liable for the Business Income and Receipts Tax (BIRT), but may owe other taxes. Non-profits with employees must get a tax account ID and pay the Wage Tax.

Forms & instructions